MORRICONE, ENNIO (10/30) Giallo  Import, Giallo & Black Marbled 180g Vinyl SEALED, NEW
Released: October 30, 2020
Limited edition of 3,000 copies. 2LP collection on "Giallo & Black" colored vinyl. The package includes a 4-page insert with liner notes written by Claudio Fuiano. The gatefold sleeve contains a silver foil spot varnish on the outside and images of iconic movie posters on the inside. Import, sealed & new.
Giallo is the fourth in a series of five double vinyl releases that bring together some of Ennio Morricone's greatest soundtrack music. Each collection centers on a different movie genre, and together they allow the listener to rediscover the unmatched genius of the greatest movie composer of all time.
When we think of 1960's Italian pulp cinema, the spaghetti western is the genre that comes to mind. However, Italy was responsible for another classic cinematic exploitation movement around the same time, one that is equally as compelling, but less widely recognized: Giallo. Giallo (meaning 'yellow') is the Italian term for crime fiction. It was named after the bright yellow colours of early pulp fiction paperbacks. Film audiences adopted it as the name for a peculiarly Italian sub-genre of thriller cinema that had it's heyday in the 1970's - just as the Spaghetti Western movement was waning. The Giallo can be difficult to define, but essentially it is an Italian crime film that draws from a pool of common themes: stylized murders, amateur sleuths, sleazy glamour, psychological crimes, and enigmatic titles, all underpinned by Ennio Morricone's creepily atmospheric music scores.
- - LP 1 -
- 1 Infinite Stress / Stress Infinito from Spasmo
- 2 First Nebulosa / Nebulosa Prima from The Secret
- 3 1970 from The Cat O' Nine Tails
- 4 Raccapriccio from What Have You Done to Solange?
- 5 Seguita from Cold Eyes of Fear
- 6 Lemon Ostination / Ostinazione Al Limone from What Have You Done to Solange?
- 7 Glass Dolls / Bambole Di Vetro from Short Night of Glass Dolls
- 8 Sospensione Folle from Without a Motive
- - LP 2 -
- 1 The Snake / Il Serpente from Night Flight from Moscow (The Serpent)
- 2 Infinite Stress / Stress Infinito (#4) from Spasmo
- 3 Solange's End / Fine Di Solange from What Have You Done to Solange?
- 4 Evanescences / Evanescente from Cold Eyes of Fear
- 5 M33 / Emmetrentatre from Short Night of Glass Dolls
- 6 Night Walk / Passeggiata Notturna from The Cat O' Nine Tails
- 7 In the Middle of the Chest / in Pieno Petto from Without a Motive
- 8 In the Void / Nel Vuoto from Forbidden Photos of a Lady Above Suspicion